i hate it when my “friends” just dismiss something i’m really passionate about like “oh you’re talking about that again” like shut up don’t ruin this for me do you know how many times i’ve pretended to care or even genuinely tried to get interested in what you like????? the least you could do is fake it rather than making me feel like a burden
This is one of the most hurtful things friends do
Bravest Warriors #24 is coming out next week, with this cover I did for it! Here’s some of the process work - I included some explanations this time. I don’t know if it’ll be helpful at all or just… verbose… but hopefully there’s something useful in there :>
2. Tight sketch
3. Rough values painted underneath the sketch
4. Value painting on top of the sketch to tighten things up
5. Flat colors! Regular area fill for set pieces, and a few color/overlay layers to quickly indicate hues in the painting
6. Set lighting: using multiply layers to indicate the overall scene lighting raking across the wall, working out how that will interact with the portrait painting and lead the eye. Also continuing to paint in regular layers on top of the portrait.
7. Warming/brightening up the scene lighting, picking out highlights on the frame, softening some form shadow edges to add dimension, adding some rimlight to Catbug. Continuing to work up the portrait. Adding occlusion shadows under the frame and curtains.
8. Using a lighten layer to better expose and unify the areas of the scene struck by light. Lightening the shadow areas a bit to raise overall tone and prevent stuff from getting lost or too dark.
9. Pushing the lights even further to get a stronger afternoon-light feel and create better separation between light and shadow. Adding a soft glow around the light edges. And dust mote sparkles! :>
Foxy the Pirate Fox shows you what happens when you don’t keep an eye on pirates cove and makes the camera relive the bite of ‘87.
This was so much fun to do, and I’m glad it’s finally all done and dusted. I hope you guys enjoy it too and don’t forget…you are a pirate.
YOOOO this was worth the wait. TWO QUESTIONS: 1. Was this done in Flash? 2. How’d you do the camera effects??
YEAAAAAAAH! Glad it was worth waiting for :D
TWO ANSWERS: 1. Yeah all the animation for foxy and the flickering lights was done in flash (backgrounds were done in photoshop really quickly)
2. The film grain and the warp were done in After Effects, there’s a really helpful tutorial on YouTube for that warp if anybody fancies having a go:
The only effect/thing that isn’t mine is the final piece of static, which is actually captured footage from the game (I’m sure it can be recreated in AE but I couldn’t get it to look the same…I mean, I did it to stay true to the source material…yeah, let’s go with that)
Hope that helps!
ALLY THIS IS AMAZING.
Favorite Starter (Including Gen VI): Chimchar
Favorite Mid-Evolution Starter: Dewott
Favorite Final Evolution Starter: Infernape
Favorite Pokemon: Weavile/Golduck
Favorite Pokemon Type: Ground, Fighting, Poison
Least Favorite PKMN Type: Fairy, Psychic, Ghost
Favorite Pokemon Game: Emerald (main), XD (side)
Least Favorite Pokemon Game: 1st Gen games (main), 1st Pokemon Trozei game (side)
Favorite Region: Hoenn
Least Fav Region: Kanto
Favorite Main Character: Gold
Favorite Rival: Barry (IDGAF Barry owns)
Favorite Gang: Team Magma
Favorite Villain: Cyrus
Favorite Gym Leader: Morty, Brawly, Roark
Favorite Elite 4 member: Aaron, Aaron, Aaron! (did I mention Aaron?)
Favorite Champion: Cynthia
Favorite Legendary: Groudon
So I’m a beautiful handcrafted wooden top and you’re a mass manufactured metal top that looks cool but breaks in a week?
excuse me let me put this in easier terms for you
you: a dead whittled down tree
me: THE MIGHTY DRANZER POSSESSED BY A SOUL OF A PHOENIX
LET IT RIP